Last updated 11.12.18
We have a dedicated exhibition space in the north transept of the Minster and we welcome enquiries from artists, art groups, schools and colleges.
Events are advertised in our ‘What’s On’ leaflet.
Check our online calendar here for available dates. We are currently booking up to the end of 2020.
The Minster is open daily (see opening times) and an estimated 60,000 people visit the Minster over the course of a year.
Please let us know your requirements by submitting the online enquiry form.
Terms and Conditions can be viewed here.
What we offer
- Exhibition space for a week or more at a time. (Check our online exhibition calendar for available dates).
- An opportunity for amateur artists to show their work for a fee of £50 a week regardless of whether or not the work is for sale.
- An opportunity for professional artists to sell their work for a fee of £50 a week + 5% commission on works sold.
- A fee exemption for artists showing work of a devotional nature, which is not for sale, by agreement with the exhibitions coordinator. A donation is requested.
- Free entry to the exhibition for visitors.
- Hanging space in 13 arches, with hanging rails, for work up to A1 size (portrait). This may be supplemented by display boards provided by the artist(s) subject to the available space.
- Floor space of approximately 18m x 5m for three dimensional work.
- A spotlight bar along the length of the space. The direction of lights may be adjusted by Minster staff at your request.
- The exhibition area is contained and adjacent to our refreshment area and the Minster shop.
- An opportunity for a preview or launch event (subject to a facility fee).
We are not able to provide:
- Supervision of exhibitions.
- Insurance to cover loss or damage.
- Time of the Minster staff to assist with hanging the exhibition.
- Donation facilities for artists or charities.