We have a dedicated exhibition space in the north transept of the Minster and we welcome enquiries from artists, art groups, schools and colleges.
Events are advertised in our ‘What’s On’ leaflet.
Check our online calendar here for available dates.
The Minster is open from 9.00am – dusk (5.30pm in the summer) and an estimated 55,000 people visit the Minster over the course of a year.
Please let us know your requirements by submitting the online enquiry form.
Terms and Conditions can be viewed here.
What we offer
- Exhibition space for a week or more at a time. (Check our online exhibition calendar for available dates).
- An opportunity to sell artwork (which attracts a hire fee of £100 per week paid in advance + 10% commission on sales paid at the end of the exhibition).
- A display only option (with no sales) for which a donation to the Minster is requested.
- Free entry to the exhibition for visitors.
- Hanging space in 13 arches, with hanging rails, for work up to A1 size (portrait). This may be supplemented by display boards provided by the artist(s) subject to the available space.
- Floor space of approximately 18m x 5m.
- A spotlight bar along the length of the space. The direction of lights may be adjusted by Minster staff at your request.
- The exhibition area is contained and adjacent to refreshments and the Minster shop.
- An opportunity for a preview or launch event (subject to a facility fee).
We are not able to provide:
- Supervision of exhibitions.
- Insurance to cover loss or damage.
- Time of the Minster staff to assist with hanging the exhibition.
- Donation facilities for artists or charities.