Calling Volunteer Stewards
Beverley Minster is the highlight of a visit to Beverley and both tourists and local people are keen to visit.
Can you help us? Do you have a few hours to spare?
Then come and volunteer with us.
In line with other organisations and government guidelines we will be working in new ways.
What is involved?
- Welcoming people and ensuring they are wearing face masks and using hand gel
- Taking names and contact details for tracking purposes
- Explaining the new one-way system and social distancing requirements
- Monitoring the number of people entering and leaving
- Orientation for the Minster
At the moment the key focus is about creating safe access to the Minster for the general public. In time we hope to add more about the history of the Minster to the role.
Am I suitable?
The role would suit someone who likes interacting with people. An interest in history would be an advantage. Due to the level of interaction with the general public it is unsuitable for those who are in the government vulnerable categories (but other volunteer opportunities are available).
Minster opening times are shown here. Stewarding shifts are organised on a two hour basis, 11.00 – 13.00 and 13.00 – 15.00.
Training will be given
(Training must be attended before volunteering can start)