The Friends of Beverley Minster is a registered charity, founded in 1936, which has the objective of uniting into a common fellowship all those throughout the world who wish to be associated with the work and worship of the Minster and the maintenance and enrichment of its fabric and furnishings.
Our aim is that any new furnishings or fittings shall be of the highest quality in order to match that which has gone before. Nearly all the modern furnishings in the Minster have been financed by the Friends.
Our top ten recent additions are:
- New artwork in the Retro-choir
- Provision of a disabled entrance
- Contribution to the new sound system, and restoration of the organ
- Altar frontal chest
- Underwriting the cost of an in-depth study of the Minster: ‘Beverley Minster: An Illustrated History’
- Two book trolleys, magazine table and Friends display table
- Re-fitting the Minster Shop
- Purchase of a Steinway Grand Piano
- Contribution to the cost of this website
- A set of crib figures
New regulations require us to inform you of how we use and hold your personal data. The data, supplied by you to us, is held on a secure data base and is used by the officers of the Friends of Beverley Minster only for the legitimate purpose of administering the charity.
The data is needed primarily to:
– send you details of the Charity’s activities (for example via newsletters and the annual report)
– invite you to the Annual General Meeting
– inform you of the need to renew your membership
– administer outings and events
– send you copies of occasional publications
– apply for Gift Aid
Your membership data will be held for a minimum of six years after your subscription expires or after your demise if you are a life member. Additional data relating to outings and events is deleted at the end of the calendar year in which the event takes place.
We do not sell or pass on any of the data you supply to us.
If you do not agree to us holding and using your data in this way, or would like to stipulate how you receive information from us, please contact us