Photo: Andy Marshall
Holy Communion 10.30*
BOOK in advance
11.00 – 13.00
BCP Holy Communion 10.00*
To attend Sunday services you will need to BOOK in advance as seating is limited.
Call 07957 101699 (Monday – Friday 09.00 – 17.00) or book online at Eventbrite here:
You will receive a confirmation email. You don’t need to print it.
Latest update from the Church of England
The Prime Minister has outlined plans to make face coverings mandatory in places of worship from 8 August.
“We strongly advise that face coverings should be worn by all those attending a place of worship, including ministers, worshippers, staff, volunteers, contractors and visitors, where there may be other people present; remembering that they are mainly intended to protect other people, not the wearer, from coronavirus COVID-19 and that they are not a replacement for physical distancing and regular hand washing.”
* Information for those attending services
Things will look and feel a little different
- As you arrive please be patient – you may have to queue at a safe distance from others as we let people enter a few at a time
- Doors open 20 minutes before services
- There will be a one way entry/exit system- please enter by the main entrance and you will be asked to leave by the west end door
- If you require the level access entrance, please speak to the stewards who will be outside.
- When you arrive someone will either ask you for your name and ‘phone number, or check you off a booking list (for track and trace information)
- Everything inside the Minster has been set up to comply with 2m social distancing rules
- On entry there will be hand sanitiser just inside the main entrance – please use it
- A steward will show you to a seat- this may not be your usual seat in order to comply with the 2m rule so please be understanding about this; it is for everyone’s safety
- Some doors will be left open throughout the service to allow maximum ventilation – please dress appropriately
- We will remain in our seats to receive communion
- There can be no singing during the service
- We are unable to serve refreshments at the end of the service
- There will be a retiring collection as you walk towards the exit.
- We cannot socialise inside the building at the end of the service; please chat to friends outside the west end at a safe distance
We have done our best to enable everyone to worship as safely as possible so we can once again share the Eucharist together as members of the Minster Family.
At our associated churches:
What is still closed: The Minster for visiting/sight-seeing, the Minster Shop, the Parish Centre and meeting rooms.