Phase 1 of the restoration is now complete. The scaffolding and temporary roof are in place allowing the wood, stone and lead to be restored. Here are some interesting statistics:
- 17,881 scaffold fittings – 22.3 tonnes in total – have been installed
- the total length of scaffold boards fitted is 25,006 feet which end to end would stretch about 4.7 miles.
- the total length of scaffold tubes fitted is 63,108 feet which is the distance from Beverley to Market Weighton
- the total weight of the scaffolding is 154.5 tonnes – the weight of 22 ‘Great John’ bells – our largest bell that rings the hour
- the total time to erect this scaffolding was 3,300 worker hours – all completed within the government social distancing guidelines for construction work