Holy Communion or Morning Service each Sunday at 10.30
Woodmansey being a ribbon development is an unusual village in that it covers a very widespread area from its boundaries with Dunswell encompassing the Victoria Road area and then reaching as far as Figham Road. St Peter’s Woodmansey lies on the busy Hull Road opposite the village school. It isn’t a compact village like some of its neighbouring villages because of the way it has evolved and the housing developments which have taken place.
The roots of the Church began with William Bainton a local landowner at Beverley Parks who provided the funding for the Church to be built in 1896-7 to a design by Alfred Beaumont.
The Church was consecrated in 1898. It is a very small compact Church with one small vestry. There are two beautiful stained glass windows. The one behind the altar depicts the crucifixion with Mary Magdalene on the one side and Mary on the other with Angels above them. When the sun shines through the rich colours of purple, gold and velvet blue glisten in the sunlight. The large stained glass window behind the font depicts Jesus on the shores and fishermen casting their nets. We understand this window could be made by Kempe as it bears Kempe’s trademark of a weatsheaf in one of the panes. We are currently making enquiries regarding repairs to this window so may be able to have this verified shortly. The colours in this window are also very rich and are similar to the ones at the front of the Church. As you look towards the altar to the left there is a tiny window pane showing Jesus with some children and lambs.1
St Peter’s Church celebrated their centenary in 1998 with a display of memorabilia and old photographs collected by local villagers.
The Head teacher at Woodmansey School organises traditional services at St Peter’s at Easter, Harvest Festival and Christmas time.
We have a wide variety of services from the more formal Communion service to the all age service. We are pleased to welcome new faces to our congregation and our list of services can be found in the Beverley Minster Parish Magazine.